Tuesday 26 May 2015

New scammers: May 21st - May 26th 2015

I cannot make videos anymore guys, but I can still screen capture. I don't actively hunt down scammers, but I will try and stop them if I see them. Anyway here are some scammers I screencapped this week.

Astoriaa - this person was claiming to have a glitched item on trade and asking for rares for it. Several Jammers around her said it wasn't glitched and that she was lying. Astoriaa gets a orange listing because I can't confirm she is actually trying to scam. I do not know much about glitched items (they are a new thing that occurred during my year and a half absence) so when trading for glitched items, all I can say is, make sure you do your research and be cautious.



FazebearPink - this person was asking people to try "trust trades" for something non rare on her trade list. The moment someone traded something rare enough for her liking she accepted the trade and ran off.


owls10904 - was claiming to be doing a giveaway of a long black rare spiked collar (which they had on trade while advertising said giveaway in Jamaa Township) at their den. I followed several Jammers there to try and warn them of the obvious scam and when owls10904 showed up the spiked collar had been removed from her list, replaced with a freedom hat. They then asked people to "trust trade" them rares and the winner would get the spike. Despite my repeated warnings that this was an obvious scam people kept trading and the moment someone traded something rare enough for them, owls10904 immediately accepted the trade and then locked their den, kicking everyone out. Red Alert scammer. Report immediately if you see them.


bacontiger - I was discussing catching scammers with some friends in Jamaa Township and this random person not involved in the conversation sent me a jamaa-a-gram saying that they know that I am a scammer. My first reaction is "LOL! Really dude?" though I know from experience that people who know who I am and call me a scammer are themselves scammers trying to discredit me because they are afraid of being caught. However, a random jamaa-a-gram is not proof this person is a scammer so they get a caution orange listing. (Also on the other hand, I realize that gossip and rumors exist and for people who do not know me that well, they may just have been led to believe something false, which would be no fault of their own.)



I know I said I was retired from scammer hunting but... GAHHH! It's in my nature to try and stop people from doing bad things or trying to take advantaged of the innocent. It's an internal drive I cannot ignore no matter how hard I try. I will do what I can while I am back on Animal Jam for the summer, though I admit it won't be much, and for that I am sorry.

7 comments:

  1. Scammers are so funny. They think the whole world will believe them when someone stops them from scamming and say that scam catcher is the scammer even if they have no proof whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. roigjrtjgihrgiw45erjt5hiorhgih. OMG YOU'RE BACK. I FEEL LIKE FALLING INTO A PIT OF FLOWERS. DX I MISSED YOUUUU! I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS SUCH A IDIOT TO NOT READ ON THIS BLOG! AND I ALSO CAN'T BELIEVE THAT NOBODY REMEMBERS YOU! It's strange too.... lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... I did stop updating for a long time. So no worries! :)

      Delete
    2. I remember fire! xD

      Delete
  3. These trust trade spike scammers appear A LOT now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wolfy09020 is also a scammer.She said whoever did the best trade would get a beta.

    ReplyDelete