Monday 1 December 2014

An Explaination... and a Goodbye

I want to apologize to everyone who supported me, the scammer watch movement, and this blog. I am sorry for disappearing so suddenly without a word.

Unfortunately, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, I am not coming back to Animal Jam, but I feel I owe you all an explanation at least.

When I stopped playing Animal Jam, I had a lot of things going on in my life and spending hours every day playing and recording and blogging was becoming more and more difficult. I had already decided to myself that I was going to stop playing and I even had an idea for a one last goodbye video planned.

The thing is, I just didn't have time anymore, I was getting older and real life responsibilities were catching up to me. On top of that, because of my age I didn't feel right playing Animal Jam. I am 17 as I write this final blog post, and even though I know it's not "old" in a technical sense, I was still much older than most players on Animal Jam, even when I quit at age 16. It could even be argued that I was too old when I started playing, at age 14.

I hate using the word quit actually. I didn't "quit" Animal Jam. I think a better way to word it was that I grew up and moved on to things more age appropriate for myself as well as things that did not take up so much of my free time between family responsibilities and school work.

I cannot express enough to all of you who supported me how much joy filled me to try and bring justice to those who have been wronged by being scammed. Playing Animal Jam, making friends, even chasing scammers, and spending many hours filming, editing that film and blogging were some of the most fulfilling days of my life at the time. Every player I met and got to be friends with, made me feel special. When I would read comments on my blog or videos saying that people had been helped because of the time and effort I was taking to scam watch, it made me feel like I had real purpose to my life!

I don't have enough thank yous in the universe for everyone who has supported me, and most of all who has taken up the fight for justice and makes an effort, no matter how little, to stop the scammers!



So this is my goodbye. I apologize if my explanation is lacking or unsatisfactory. I am sorry I never got around to making that final goodbye video. Even though I am no longer there, I hope Jammers continue to try and stop scamming when they see it. Every little bit makes a difference!

And finally, I know this became sort of a catch phrase for me, but I claim no ownership over it. These are words that belong to all Jammers who believe in and live by them! And it is the only way I can think of rightfully ending this final blog post. Come on now, say it with me!

Be a Jammer! Not a scammer!

28 comments:

  1. FIRETIGERX!! :OO YOUR MY INSPIRATION! I STARTED A GROUP CALLED THE AJSG WHEN YOU LEFT (Animal Jam Scam Guard) TO CARRY OUT WHERE YOU LEFT OFF! I MADE IT 200 SUBBIES RECENTLY :D WHEN THERE WERE EMB0 IMPOSTERS, WE CHASED THEM DOWN AND MADE SURE THEY WERENT THE REAL DEAL. Firetigerx.... thank you for coming back at least for 1 more post...
    -Tacocat101

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Congrats on your epic sub numbers!

      Delete
  2. Fire, are your ninja's still out there? You know emb0 is back right? OMG IM JUST GLAD YOU CAME BACK FOR AT LEAST ONE MORE POST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any ninjas left in Animal Jam who used to work with me are now doing their own thing as far as I know. Good luck to them!

      Delete
  3. :) I'm sad you aren't coming back but I just want to say thank you Firetigerx! Because of you, you've inspired me to catch scammers. I now have my own society that stops them, I did start solo scam catching but then it grew. Nothing would be possible without you so I just want to say thank you! I hope you have a great life, I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! That means a lot to me!

      I hope your anti-scamming society continues to be successful!

      Delete
  4. Dear firetigerx,

    I always saw you as the savior of AJ. When you went down, you brought a handful of scammers down with you. You inspired me to make the AJSWS, the Animal Jam Scam Watchers Society. It's a society almost exactly like your's, only with lots of people catching scammers. Our society will be a year old in January.
    I don't know what else I can say to express my gratitude for you and all you've done, but since this may be the last, farewell, and I hope to see you in the future sometime.

    -Agent Cerise, ShadowclawXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keeping fighting the good fight. It's people like you who continue to make Animal Jam a fun and safe place for everyone! :)

      Delete
  5. FIRE!

    YOU NEED TO READ THIS. RIGHT. NOW.

    I was worried about you when you suddenly vanished! In case you didn't know, I'm Balaur, formerly WaterGazelles.

    While you were gone, a humongous (did I spell that right XD) fanboy named tacocat101 started his own anti-scammer movement WITHOUT ANY PROOF. He also said a lot of mean things to me and my friends. What a wannabe >.<

    I personally consinder him the kid who ruined your legacy!

    I know you're not like that, though. I actually met you once last year on Tigereyescharity111 (inactive alt).

    Anyways, I want to wish you a goodbye from the bottom of my heart. You were a great inspiration for many people and you will always be remembered by everybody you knew.

    ~Sum er de del finn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I'm not worried about my legacy lol. The next generation of Animal Jam players won't even know who I am and I am okay with that. As long as people continue to try and stop scamming and keep Animal Jam fun for everyone then that is all that matters to me! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh... I know this might sound funny coming from an 11 year old but... I never really visit this blog much but it was quite an Amazing blog! I am glad that you took a role to help the improve Animal jam Community. I am glad that you have made this blog, and have been warning jammers about scammers. I know that one day you do get too old for Animal jam and that is okay. I am just happy you took a big role in the Animal jam community. And it's okay that you quit because there is more to life than Animal jam. I hope you have a great future even if you don't play Animal Jam.
    Best Wishes!
    -RubyPegasus AJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have as much fun in Animal Jam as I did and it is still as fun as I remember it being! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm happy to see a formal goodbye, you inspired so many people, such as ShadowclawXX and myself, and I can't thank you more for that. C:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember I used to look at your videos and stuff, I think by the time i found this blog you had left, But this is DEFINITLY (did I spell that right? XD) one of the best AJ Blogs I know! Anyways, I just stumbled upon this post when I decided to check the blog to see if there were new posts or anything :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want you to know, I sent this to my friends who play animal jam, that way they will know about you. You were a great inspiration to many people pile, and I respect you for that. I have been scammed before, and I really like seeing so many people put a stop to it. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found this blog again. It's been about 2 or 3 years since I've been here. I don't know if you remember me (or even know who I am lol) but my username used to be Mayksufi/WitchHatBunny/Lovelost
    I think we did talk a few times. I quit AJ at around the time you did(?) and it seems like every 2011 player quit at that time too for some reason. AJ is really different now and and none of the newer players know any of the previously famous people which is kind of a shame I guess. Now everyone is obsessed with people like wootmoo and julian2 (I know nothing about either of those people lol) and everyone is obsessed with spiked collars. I don't really know what I'm going on about
    This was an amazing idea for a blog and I think a long time ago I asked if I could make a similar blog (but I don't remember your response)
    Oh well, I'll stop typing this comment now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Firetigerx! You're such a good person. Denying the wrong doers.Catching the Scammers.I had met you in 2012 and had even seen some of your videos.I even visited your den.Thank you! Thank you for being with us on Animal jam!Thank you for making Jamaa a better place to be in. May you have a successful life ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. firetigerx! i will miss you alot. you inspired me to make my own scammer watch videos lol. i was in one of your scammer watch in 2012 the video Jammer661385. i freaked out i wuz like omg omg omg omg omg firetigerx is heree!!! :OOOOOO all i want to say is that thank you for making jamaa safer :)
    *eats taco*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the one of the best and informatic blogspot i ever seen.thanks for such a nice and unique content with many tips , ideas and guide to other traveler.Thanks again.gavriluta matei scam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you've always been my inspiration, and when you left without a word i couldnt comprehend it lol. Seeing this post makes me so sad, and then happy you finally posted. ;) if you saw aj right now omg no , its so different nowadays. Thank you for finally posting something, and for all you have done. And ik this wont change your mind lol but many of my friends on aj are around the age 16 , the age range went up a bit lol anyway. You made a big difference, dont forget that -EricAJJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your 17 now? Well best of luck in finding a college you like :D (if thats the path you go down :3) I could seriously see you as like, a translator. Or a police officer or a swat team member :P Or a peace and equal rights speaker :3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I accept that you've moved on by now. I've not as active as I once was myself.
    I became a fan of your videos as soon as I started watching one. I was so excited when I actually met you (well not rlly but we both were in the same place at the same time when you were making a video) Remembering that time reminds me of the good times of when blogging was a major thing in the AJ World and I had tons of idols, but at the same time I remember how immature I sometimes was...
    But anyways, I'm happy if you're happy. c:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow although I have never known you or been to this blog it made me cry seeing how good of friends you all are and even though I never knew you firetigerx it makes me feel like I have known you forever and I wish you luck on your great journey of life * hands taco *

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im sad that you will dont play anymore you inspired me to catch scammers
    i making aj stpo scamming team i have stop a lot of scammers well good luck btw im bloomingrockypanda20

    ReplyDelete