Thursday 22 December 2011

Just a note

My blog has three categories:
red = a red-listed name is a warning that the person is or could be a very bad scammer
orange = an orange-listed name means the person may be a scammer but isn't a huge threat
green = a green-listed name means the person is not a scammer or has been proven not guilty in a scamming incident.

I'm trying not to list people who beg as often, because beggers aren't necessarily always scammers - though it seems that many of them do lie about being poor or being hacked to guilt trip people into sending them gifts. I would rather try and list the people who are blatant scammers because they are the one's who make Animal Jam unfun for everyone else, so that is what I am going to try and focus on from now on. 

And don't trip if you read older posts and see your name listed as a begger. I'm trying to control my "trigger finger" and not list as often people who are not causing that much harm, even if I do not agree with, or like, their begging tactics.  The reason for this is that there is a huge difference between asking people to donate unwanted stuff (begging) and lying and making false promises to cheat others out of their items (scamming).

Also, older posts on this blog may now be slightly or completely inaccurate. There are many people who have reformed their ways and no longer scam at all (or even as often or as badly, because hey, even a little improvement is better than nothing), even though they continue to play Animal Jam either under the name once listed here or using completely new accounts. People like this do exist, and I know because I am friends with some of them.

Sometimes my current posts may be inaccurate unfortunately. I try to post only what I see and hear, but I know resentment from others and gossip can cause me to believe and report the wrong thing. It has happened several times and will probably continue to happen, but I do try to be as accurate as possible on who I list as scammers on my blog. If you see a post you disagree with then please be civil in your response, hopefully with evidence on the contrary to what I have posted, so I can weigh the issue and possibly update the post with more accuracy. Spam and threatening comments will never be published on this blog.

And there probably will not be as many posts in general, because as much as scammers make me angry and as much as I want to warn others about them, I also just want to play the game and hang out with my friends. I have also learned that it is more effective to confront blatant scammers in the game about their devious actions, when I see it happening, rather than to post about it on a blog that barely anyone reads anyway. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment