Wednesday 1 July 2015

Spam

Just a reminder to everyone that spam (and threatening comments) will never be posted on this blog. It says so right in the blog description underneath the title.

If your comment looks anything like this:

omg!!!!! he a SCEMMER!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!! REPORTS and BLOCKS (name redacted) or sat ever or is!!!!!!!!!! that is SO mean!!!!!!!!!!! firetigerx WHY did u TANK her????? I bet he is just WAOTON to TRICk you!!!!!! and syeal ur rares!!!!!! infact I bbet she is actually (name redacted) IN DOSCUISE!!!!!!!! donut trust him cuz U NEVER NOW espceily when she ADMINS to b a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will not get past moderation because I automatically delete comments like these. I am not opposed to people disagreeing with anything they see on my blog, but I will not post it if you cannot be civil or even attempt to try legible spelling and grammar.

I have been getting several comments like this through out the day and have deleted all of them. I consider comments like this as spam. I only shared the one above as an example.

(There may be some comments that got through in the past, and I apologize for my lack of diligence, but there are thousands of comments on this blog and it's not possible for me to find all of the bad ones. When I was fully active over two years ago, there would be up to 40 comments a day to moderate and I often only skimmed before publishing or deleteing because there were so many.)

Needless to say, threatening or harassing comments also never get past the moderation, because I refuse to let bullies have a voice on my blog.

10 comments:

  1. in my opinion, the example comment seems more like flamebaiting or even trolling as opposed to spam, but i think we can all agree that they don't belong.

    many unmoderated blogs' comment sections are madhouse, especially when they call out usernames of wrongdoers. these seem to be well-controlled, however, which is quite a relief from the normal hate speech and whining of the internet.

    -baikalseal (formerly anonymous / jammer2202)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree in many ways. I do not want flame baiting or trolling happened here so those are other reasons that I do not publish the spam like comments. I want my blog to be a safe place for people to express themselves, even opposing viewpoints, but only if they attempt to be respectful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey firetigerx when are u gonna do scam catching instead of all these posts?? ps i am ur fan please buddy me! my user is iamnotabunnyrabbi same as here! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My buddy list is always full (and I have told you this already btw). And I have stated before I am semi-retired from catching scammers. Sometimes I feel like doing it, and sometimes I don't. Mostly I just want to play AJ and have fun for the short time that I can before school starts again in September.

      Scammer catching is also very hard when I have fans follwoing me everywhere, wanting my attention, and bullies harassing me on their alts and storage users. So sorry, I can only do so much.

      Delete
    2. why arent you showing the comments I put? thats rude. and you blocked me on animal Jam too! why?!

      Delete
    3. I haven't blocked but I am very close to doing so. Also you are spamming comments, please stop.

      Delete
    4. Yes u did block me on Animaljam. i cant go to ur den or talk to u! i was not spam comment so I don't know what you talking about.

      Delete
    5. I locked my den because I had to talk to a friend. You're not blocked but if you keep following me around everywhere then yes I am going to block you.

      Delete
  4. Wow, ppl can be so rude to you sometimes! How do you cope with it?

    ReplyDelete